Service Week Volunteers
Thoughts from Bethlehem Farm volunteers:
“I learned how to love in a whole different way.”
“The service projects were the most valuable part for me. I not only helped someone in need, but I learned something from the people and was able to share something of myself with them.”
“I hadn’t prayed for the better part of a decade…Doing so and learning how to do so was one of the best experiences I’ve had.”
“I learned about hospitality, sustainability, conservation, faith, openness, and much more…I have a new respect for others.”
What can I expect during a service retreat week at Bethlehem Farm?
- work hard
- wake up early
- go to bed exhausted every night
- be challenged and supported physically, emotionally, and spiritually
- have a voice which others will listen to and respect
- pray in both traditional and creative ways
- meet nature face to face
- become friends with donkeys, dogs, and chickens
- prepare meals from scratch
- spend time in the garden
- feel uncomfortable at times
- feel at home with complete strangers
- see God, your friends, and the world in which you live from an entirely new perspective
Who can come?
Our cozy farm house facility can accommodate up to 32 volunteers per service week. On a typical week you will find groups intermingling from schools, churches and families. Some other weeks are designed for individuals to come and serve and pray with other individuals from around the country.
Check out our calendar to learn more about our schedule of service opportunities.